Today is Saturday, my self proclaimed Self-care Saturday! Each Saturday I set aside at least 3 hours of “me” time to pamper myself. You all know by now that I am DIYer. I don’t spend the coin on most things that I can do myself and get even better results.
So my facial food pick for the day was cucumber. Cucumber is one of the staples in my facial regimen. I like the cucumber for its cooling, freshening and toning properties. The clay I like because it helps to pull excess oil from the face including tightness and lift.
To make the mask I used the the Aztec Indian Healing Clay and cucumber juice. I also used the cucumber juice as a freshener and toner. The result is amazing.
Here’s how I made it:
1 tbsp Indian Healing Clay
2 tbsp cucumber juice
1 tbsp whole milk
- Dab face with milk using cotton ball. Use a spin brush and gently brush for 1 minute. Allow milk to remain on face for additional 5 minutes. Cleanse face with warm water.
- Combine clay and 1 1/2 tbsp of cucumber juice in a small glass bowl until smooth. Apply to face and neck in dabbing motion. Do not rub. Avoid eye area and mouth. Let stay on for 30 minutes. While mask is drying sit back quietly and avoid talking as mask will tighten face making it a bit awkward to speak.
- When ready to remove mask, sprinkle face with warm water to loosen mask. Remove mask using a clean facial cloth or towel and warm water. Careful not to pull at face. Do this gently. When all of the mask is removed rinse face with cold water to help close pores. Pat dry.
- Using fresh cotton ball, dab face with remaining cucumber juice including eye area. Face will feel a bit tingly but that is normal and only lasts about a couple of minutes. Allow cucumber freshener to dry for 1 minute.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.