Summer is almost here! Time to put your best face forward. No, I am not talking about covering up with makeup, I am talking about taking care of the facial skin to create a clean slate that gives your foundation and colors that extra glow.
I’m not the type of person to stick with one product all year round. As the seasons change my skin starts to feel different. Products that I used during the winter season may not work during the spring, summer or fall and vice versa. I believe most women feel the same way about the change in their type as the seasons change.
Recently, I discovered that Avocado and Honey are a very good blend for my skin when mixed together especially when my face feels dry. So far, it is the only mask that I use in combination with other seasonal masks because of its healing and beauty benefits.
When used as a facial mask avocado helps to detoxify the skin, reduce wrinkles and make the skin plump and supple. Honey, especially raw honey has antibacterial properties, rich in antioxidants, helps fight acne by clearing out the pores and is great for boosting complexion. I alternate my avocado and honey mask with my seasonal mask every other week. Yes, I have a DIY facial once a week on Saturdays my self-care Saturday. Whenever, I do my facials I prep my face with milk which I find to be a very excellent cleanser (another blog on Milk Cleansing coming soon).
This mask recipe is very easy to make and apply:
1 tbsp ripe avocado
1/2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp whole milk
2 pieces cotton balls
1 battery operated spin brush with soft bristle
- In a small glass bowl mash avocado until smooth (there might be little lumps but that’s okay. Amount is too small to use a blender)
- Add honey to avocado and stir until well blended.
- Dip cotton ball in milk, dab all over face and neck.
- Use a battery operated spin brush to gently cleanse the face and neck, about 1 minute. Allow milk to remain face, 5 minutes. Face will feel tight.
- Wash face with warm water to remove milk.
- Apply avocado and honey mask all over face and neck, avoiding eye area. Allow to stay on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry face.
- Follow with your favorite moisturizer and eye cream
Leave a comment below if you tried this recipe.